Friday, June 19, 2009

CASTING CROWNS CONCERT




The Shoe in an inside
JokeforPaul!!!













James and I went to the Casting Crowns concert last night with our good friends Paul and Annie. The band was awesome. I really love how their concerts are 2 1/2 hours of Praise and Worship. It is so easy to see that it isn't about the money for them. They just want to spread the word through their gifts and talents they have been blessed with. If you evr have a chance to go to one of their concerts.... GO!


Anyway, I want to share something really quickly. I have come to realize something about prayer I always knew, but never really experienced till I made it (prayer) a priority in my life. I could tell you 10 things right off the top of my head, but I am going to share just one with you now. When James and I first moved here, I loved the area, but it just didn't feel like home. I love my husband dearly, but women need deep friendships with other women. I was, for lack of a better word, Lonely. We had been attending our new church for awhile, and I just hadn't connected with anyone. I began to pray for a friend to come my way. I am not all that out going, and friends usually have to be dropped in my lap. I prayed for this to happen. Well, wouldn't you know!!! That prayer was answered in a big way!!! I got an email from a couple in our connection group that I had seen several weeks, but of course had never met. The email went something like this...


Shanna, I thought you and James might want to go to dinner sometime with us. I am not sure why I want to hang out with you guys, but it might be fun! Let me know.

-Annie (that is so Annie)

This was in November, and now I would say she is my closest and deepest friend, besides my husband of course. I love ya girl!! Thanks for seeking me out!! What makes God so awesome is, he not only brought me a friend, he brought James one too. Annie's husband, Paul and James are great friends now, and they have a lot of similar interests. God doesn't just answer prayer, he invests his love for us in it too. Anyway, just wanted to share that, and give all the glory to God for giving James and I such great friends.

4 comments:

Annie said...

ok. Seriously, did you mean to make me cry? That was so sweet! Thanks and thank the Lord!

Annie said...

OK this is Paul now, you guys are great, love the shoes, do you have protection for those things?. "you pretty ok too" <--karate kid quote.

James and Shanna said...

That's just Cheesy Goodness

Your Garden Momma said...

I am so happy that you have found a couple that you can hang with. You had lots of dear friends that got you both through lots a trials when you first moved to the area and your father and I are so very thankful for all of their care and concerns during those early months. But there is nothing like a sister-like girlfriend that you can connect with. I know that you are so much more content. It's so comforting to know that you have Annie. We can finally see you take root in your new home in Arkansas, and you are blooming with happiness.