Wednesday, September 9, 2009

SUPRISE!!!
















What an incredible weekend!! James had told me for the past couple of weeks not to make plans on Labor Day weekend. I was not to make plans on Thurs. night either. When we got home from work on Thursday, James told me to change, because he was gonna take me out for dinner. In the mean time, he said he was gonna go over to the neighbors and talk to them about their dog digging a hole onto our side of the fence. 5 min later, he comes running into the bedroom telling me it's not their dog, but a wild coyote, and this "coyote" was in the back yard right now. Of course, I am like "whatever" and I proceed to go open the door to the patio out back. Suprise!!!! No coyote, but it was my daddy sitting there waiting to suprise me!! My mom couldn't come due to work, and that was sad. I missed seeing you, mom!!! It is so hard to be away from my family, and I know that it always will be. I keep thinking that I will get use to it, but, I know I never will. I feel like I miss out on so much. So, you have to know, a gift like family coming to visit is like none other. Well, except for jewelry of course. :) Dad and I ran in a 10K on Monday called, "Run for a Child" It was really a nice route, and a lot of fun. We took him to a new church we have been visiting for the past few weeks, and other than that, we did a whole lot of nothing. Not quite true I guess, because we ate A LOT, napped, visited, and ate some more. Brady really took to his PaPa, and they had a really nice time together too. Here are some pics of the weekend. Thanks dad, it was awesome!!!

1 comments:

Double said...

Nikki,
Looks like you had a great time with your dad. Wish I could have come as well, but hard to get away now that I must work full time. Not quite so easy to pick up and go like before. But that's OK! Looking forward to seeing you in the fall for the Festival. DO NOT STOP at IHOP... Pack your food from home... Great photos of your weekend. Love ya, MOM